FACILITIES IN THE TENT
Our tents are equipped with all the amenities you will need during your stay, below is a list of what we offer.
- Air-conditioned tent
- Private Plunge Pool
- Private Wooden Deck Area
- King size bed (twin can be arranged)
- Utility wardrobe
- Luggage racks
- Towel racks
- Water bottles and mosquito repellent
- Bathrobes, towels and bath amenities
- Charging points for phones and cameras
- En suite flush-able toilet, and twin sink
- En suite shower with hot and cold water
- Baby cots available on request
FACILITIES AT THE CAMP
The camp is situated on an 18 acre plot of wilderness land but in order to reduce our footprint we have isolated our camp utilization to less than 2 acres. This allows us to continue our reforestation project on land which was previously used for farming and "chena" cultivation. our camp has the following amenities to make your stay with us a memorable one.
- Customized safari vehicles for photographic safaris
- Alfresco dining
- Wildlife book library
- Creative hub
- "Gal Poththa" lounge
- Dining and bar
WHERE IT IS
A smooth 4 hour drive from the commercial capital of Colombo, Ceylon Wild Safaris is nestled by the Kotchipathana Lake of Yala.
We are a mere 25 minutes from the Katagamuwa entrance to Block I of the Yala National Park, which is a more secluded, less used area of the otherwise crowded block. We are also 45 minutes away from Block III and V, areas that are almost completely ignored because of their distance from most camps and resorts, but thrive with animal and plant life nonetheless.
RATES AND TERMS & CONDITIONS
All-inclusive package rate for Non-Sri Lankan Passport Holders (Adult Per Room Per Night)
Summer 2023 & Winter 2023/24
|Single (USD)||Double (USD)||Triple (USD)||Quad (USD)|
|LOW Season (1st May 2023 - 30th June 2023 & 1st September 2023 - 14th December 2023)||610||750||920||1,350|
|HIGH Season(1st July 2023 - 31st August 2023 & 11th January 2024 - 30th April 2024)||760||940||1,150||1,690|
|FESTIVE Season (15th December 2023 - 10th January 2024)||940||1,150||1,410||2,070|
Above Rates Include
- Air-conditioned tent with private plunge pool
- Two game drives in customized safari game viewer on shared basis
- A professional game ranger to be your personal guide
- Refreshments during game drives
- Lunch, dinner and breakfast at camp
- Water, fruit juices and other soft drinks
- Wine, beer and spirits
- All park entry fees
- All government taxes
- Service charge
- Transfers to and from pick-up to Ceylon Wild Safaris campsite
Child Supplement Policy
- US$ 230 per child (ages 6 - 11 years) per night when sharing a tent with a parent
Extras (Advance notice required)
- US$ 230 per night for exclusive use of customized safari vehicle with your personal game ranger
- Drivers/guides will not be accommodated at the camp
- Payments to be done 4 weeks prior to guest arrival
- Please refrain from playing loud music
- Smoking is not permitted inside the tent.
Cancellation by the Client
The following is a legal statement of the terms and conditions to be adhered to in the event of cancellation as well as damage of property, injury or death.
Ceylon Wild Safaris [Sarinto (Pvt) Ltd] will accept no liability to pay compensation to you for any failure to properly fulfill the contract, where the failure is attributable to you. For example; should any member of your party be unable to travel for reasons such as failing to take his/her passport with him/her, or traveling on a passport which does not meet the requirements of entry into Sri Lanka, or to get a required tourist/entry visa. Ceylon Wild Safaris assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage of the clients’ property or for injury, illness or death, for any damages or claims however so caused arising directly or indirectly from war, riot violence, industrial dispute, contact with wild animals, terrorist activity, actions of governments or other state bodies, unavoidable technical problems with transport, machinery or equipment, delays, power failure, natural disaster, tsunami, fire, adverse weather conditions/floods, accidents from the time of pick up to drop off at Ceylon Wild Safaris, or Acts of God.
- Less than 5 weeks before booking: 50% of cost to be refunded.
- Less than 2 weeks before booking: there will not be any refund.
Should you wish to cancel your booking, you will need to send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make arrangements to refund the correct portion of your total invoice.
Cancellation by Ceylon Wild Safaris
Ceylon Wild Safaris considers the safety and well-being of our guests with utmost importance. Should Ceylon Wild Safaris need to cancel your stay due to unforeseeable reasons such as natural disasters, political violence or any other safety related reasons, we agree to refund the full amount paid by the client.
International Bank Transfer
Direct deposits can be made to the bank account (all bank charges should be incurred by the depositor)
Through Our Online Payment Portal
We accept Visa and Master credit/debit cards through our online payment gateway. (Additional 3% Bank Fee will be applicable).Contact us for the payment
Comprehensive Travel Insurance covering cancellation, curtailment, medical expenses, emergency Travel, and personal accident, personal baggage and money loss is compulsory for all participants on any and all Safaris or tour offered by Ceylon Wild Safaris. This should be arranged at the time of payment of the deposit to cover you for cancellation from that time.
The client acknowledges that it is his/ her responsibility to take insurance. The client undertakes to take comprehensive travel insurance to cover his/ her personal requirements.
By confirming the booking and making payment, you have agreed to our terms and conditions.
WEATHER CONDITION AT CAMP SITE
Rain or shine,
we will go on game drive!
The dry season is one of the best times to view wildlife as the numbers of waterholes become few, meaning that some animals can be easier to spot when they come down to quench their thirst, making for excellent safari viewings. During the rainy season there is more water for the animals but this will not hinder your chances of seeing wildlife, Simply the locations in which we spot them!.
The monsoon season is in fact the best time to see birds and elephants. The parks are also at their most beautiful during this season when the gushing rivers and frequent rains bring life to the landscape, and the lush green vegetation and seasonal wild flowers are brightened with dew. If you are visiting during the monsoon season, rest assured that the weather should not dampen your experience. Rains are frequent during the monsoon but usually last only for an hour or few per day, bringing respite to the heat and quickly giving way to sunny skies. Our tents are fully waterproof and we are well-geared towards such conditions.
WHAT WOULD YOU BRING
- Comfortable “safari styled” attire is preferred for game drives (clothing of neutral colours such as khaki, beige, tan or green)
- Casual attire for evenings around the camp fire and for bush dinners and meal times.
- A hat or cap for sunny skies would be helpful during the drier months (between march to October) although the safari vehicle does have a canopy
- A dust mask would be advised, or a scarf to be used as a dust mask.
- Raincoat or poncho for potential rainy days.
- Sunglasses, sunblock and lip balm.
- Swim wear for when you choose to “wallow” in your private plunge pool.
- A pair of binoculars is always very helpful and important for seeing animals clearly for a greater game viewing experience.
- A headlamp/torch for use when walking around camp in the evenings.
- Mosquito repellent is always helpful as well when on a safari experience.
- Cameras and charging equipment and plenty of memory cards to capture as many moments as possible.
- Closed shoes are always the best footwear for being in the bush.
- A pair of flip-flops in-case you prefer to have more comfortable foot attire for when walking around your tent.